18″ × 30″ Cardboard Target Backers (10 Pack)
Adhering The Target to the Backer
Use a target backer that is big enough to accommodate the paper target. An over-sized backer will catch more wind, potentially moving your target; i.e. bulls-eye.
3M® Super 77 spray adhesive is a quick and effective method of attaching paper and cardboard targets to the backing. However, retrieving your target may be a sticky issue. If targets must be retrieved, just spray the corners of the target. Then cut or tear the target from the backer at the corners.
If you have a clever way of setting up your target, please share your assembly tips.
Adhering the Backer to the Frame
The backer can be fixed to the wooden support frame using the following:
- The utility staple gun is a quick and effective method of adhering the backers to the wooden target frame.
- Removing the backing from the frame may be a little more difficult than some of the other methods, especially clamps.
- Adhesive Spray
- 3M 90
- 3M Super 77 (probably too weak)
- Clamps & Clips
- Fastest and fairly effective method of holding the backer to the frame
- Best backer removal
- Moderate resilience to gun shots
- Cheap and easy to replace